LIMITED AUXILIARY LICENSE
WELCOME TO USG.TRANSPARENT.COM.
Scope of Use
Transparent Language, Inc. ("Transparent" or "we") maintains this web site as a service to CL-150 licensees, including authorized students of CL-150 licensees (jointly and severally, "Licensee[s]") and, with our prior consent, to certain unlicensed users ("Instructor[s]") who are retained by a Licensee to assist the Licensee in the licensed use of Transparent Language's products and services ("Transparent IP"). An Instructor's use of the web site and any Transparent IP are expressly limited to those uses that are required to support a Licensee's authorized use of Transparent IP as expressly permitted herein and none other ("Limited Auxiliary License"). Except as expressly permitted by Transparent in writing in advance, the rights under a Limited Auxiliary License are expressly limited to:
- Creating a CL-150 account and accessing the CL-150 site at usg.transparent.com.
- Viewing general information on the CL-150 site about the applications, capabilities and resources on the CL-150 site as reasonably necessary to understand the potential uses of the CL-150 relative to instruction of a Licensee.
- Viewing CL-150 content and resources available for the target language of the Licensee.
- Creating a CL-150 instructor account, assigning CL-150 lists to the Licensee, and tracking the activities and performance of the Licensee as reasonable and necessary.
- Authoring and uploading occasional CL-150 lists to customize or extend the Licensee's learning material.
A CL-150 Limited Auxiliary License does not permit any CL-150 access or any use, possession or dissemination of CL-150 resources other than those explicitly listed in the paragraph above, including but not limited to the following:
- Use of CL-150 resources in conjunction with the instruction of students who are not CL-150 Licensees.
- Possession, distribution or use of CL-150 content or resources in any form, including in written or printed form or on electronic storage of any kind, outside the valid term of the Limited Auxiliary License or once the course or period of instruction with the CL-150 Licensee ends.
- The authoring, distribution, transfer or sale of CL-150 content or other CL-150 applications or content other than occasional CL-150 lists to customize or extend the Licensee's learning material including but not limited to the authoring of such content or materials as a language unit or course in a program of instruction or the companion materials to such a unit or course.
- The authoring, distribution, transfer or sale of CL-150 content or other CL-150 applications or content other than occasional CL-150 lists to customize or extend the Licensee's learning material.
"Content" means all information, text, images, data, links, software, or other material accessible through the web site, whether created by us or provided by another person for display on the web site. Content may contain typographical or other errors or inaccuracies. We reserve the right to make changes to document names and Content, descriptions or specifications of products or services, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes.
You may view, print or download portions of the materials available on this web site solely for non-commercial use and as expressly permitted under a Limited Auxiliary License provided that you do not change or delete any Transparent IP, including any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials.
By using this web site and any Transparent IP, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Transparent Language, Inc. and its officers, employees, and agents from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, including all attorneys' fees and all other costs and expenses, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party in connection with your use of this web site or any Transparent IP.
Content Submitted by Users
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise noted, all content contained on this web site or in Transparent IP is the property of Transparent Language, Inc., and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Transparent Language, Inc.
We do not claim ownership of the content you or other users provide, post, upload, input or submit to the web site. By submitting such content, however, you agree to grant us a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use your submission in connection with the operation of the web site, such license includes the right to reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and display such content.
When you register on this web site, you may be required to establish a login identifier and a password. You are responsible for protecting your login and password from unauthorized use, and you are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account. You agree to notify us immediately if you believe that your login or password has been or may be used without your permission so that appropriate action can be taken. We are not responsible for losses or damage caused by your failure to safeguard your login and password.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER TRANSPARENT LANGUAGE, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR FROM THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS WHICH MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TRANSPARENT LANGUAGE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES OVER WHICH IT HAS NO CONTROL.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TRANSPARENT LANGUAGE'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS WHICH MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED.
You are prohibited from uploading, posting or to otherwise make available to or from this web site any Content: that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; that harm minors in any way; that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You acknowledge that this Limited Auxiliary License is granted to you for no consideration and may be revoked, with or without cause, by Transparent at any time. Further, we reserve the right to terminate any Instructor's access to our web site, in our sole discretion, for any reason and at any time, with or without prior notice.
For Additional Information